Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What's That ?! - Recycled

It's time for another edition of "What's That?!" Have a look at these lovely pieces of art below from Marang Studios.





If you've been working with these materials, you might already recognize them given the colorations of the art pieces. Any guesses?




It's one of my favorite things to work with right now. Rolled magazine pages. I absolutely adore the color possibilities!





I've actually started another project with magazines. This time I'm not rolling...I'm folding...kind of. Fingers crossed I can make it work and share it with you. Otherwise it will most certainly end up in my 'epic fail' file. That would actually be a good one to share with you one day as well. I guess I'm not alone with my list of failed projects?


Until next time...
Mike



Stumble this post



7 comments:

  1. They look great - am thinking of a project for that big wall that goes from the bottom to the top of the house where the stairs go up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wouldn't that be just divine??? My hats off to you if you create something for a big space like that.

      Delete
  2. Hey Mike ! What are the little "stripes" that are on the paper? It looks like they have been sew on a sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda - there is no sewing involved...just a little glue. Those lines you see are actually the edges of the rolled paper. Look at this link and you'll see how magazine pages can be cut in order to create different shaped 'beads'.

      http://pinterest.com/pin/17240411043555671/

      Delete
    2. Thanks ! How cool is that?

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Mike! I love the array of colors! I have tons of magazines...
    gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gail, time to create some recycled mag goodness...it will make you so happy!

      Delete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com